Monday, May 22, 2006

Francey, Where are you?


So we had a small scare this past week. Francey was lost. For those of you who don't know who Francey is, read the archived post, "Rocks for Tots", it introduces Francey. Anyhow, Francey was missing for a good two or three days. Madeline would go out back and call to him,"Francey, where are you? Francey, come on over.... Mommy, where is Francey? I think he's cold, but where is he????" but sadly Francey did not respond, go figure...... We looked everywhere in the house and outside. (Incidentally, Francey is the only rock allowed in the house. All other rocks have to stay outside in Madeline's play house.) Finally, after much searching it was Mommy to the rescue. I located him in a crack in the sidewalk in the backyard. YAY, and what a relief.... I was getting a bit tired of looking for the green rock. The good news is he is very easy to identify. I'll be sure to take a picture and post it for future reference. So now, Madeline is keeping a much better eye on her prized rock now. He lives and travels in a pink plastic Easter egg, and he spent the weekend with us, eating, taking baths, and running errands. Francey hit the Home Depot, Target, Boba's House, and had a few walks. It does make me a bit nervous though. Madeline has her "white blankie" that is her favorite blanket in the entire world, if we were to lose that I fear she might not sleep. I'm thinking of a getting a back up white blankie ready.

No comments: