
Today is August 1, 2006, and Madeline has started preschool. Wow, I cannot belive it. My tiny little baby girl is of preschool age. I can still picture all of her firsts just like it was yesterday- her first smile, her first tooth, eating her first cheerio, her first steps, etc.. then of course the transition to toddler-hood with her first night in the big girl bed, her first tantrum, her first talking back, her first trip to the big girl potty and more.....and today is her first day at preschool. I walked her into her new room today and it went without incident. She just started playing with all the toys and meeting the kids. It was a really smooth transition. I hung around for 10 minutes while she adjusted. Showed her where she would go potty, get a drink, wash her hands. She chatted with me for a few minutes; talking about the room, and the pretty star pictures. When I told her it was time for me to leave and she said, "No mommy. I don't want you to leave me alone." I explained she wouldn't be alone; there were her teachers and other kids around. She looked around at everyone and then said "Ok Mommy". Then she hugged me and I started for the door. I got teary eyed, but my little trooper just smiled. At least when I got to the door she ran over and said she needed another "big hig" and kiss, which I gave her, and then she ran back to her new friends. Hopefully everyday will be that easy, for her at least.
No comments:
Post a Comment