Lot's to report. We basically spent the entire week at the doctor, as many of you know. Wes had his 18 month check up and an allergy appointment. Madeline had a sick check-up and a chest xray and finally, the best appointment came yesterday when they told us Madeline's JRA (juvenile rheumotoid arthritis) was in remission. We are very relieved and hope it never comes back. Anyhow, the point of this story is Madeline now wants to be a doctor. I'm sure all kids go through this phase but now Madeline is wanting to give me "check-ups" all the time. Last night at bed time when we were done reading the following inter action happened.... Madeline: "mommy, I need to check you up now. You lay here under the towel and I'll listen to your heart. (she put her teddy bear up to my heart) all good." "Now I need to check your ears" (all good too). "OK, close your eyes now mommy I have to look in them" (ha, ha, I closed them anyway). "Now open in your mouth and say ahh. No mommy put your tongue back in I'm looking in your throat only. Good job mommy, all done". Seems like all the trips since January, and at last count we were somewhere in the 30's with both kids, have really paid off, we have a mini-doctor on our hands.Thursday, April 12, 2007
I need to check you up now
Lot's to report. We basically spent the entire week at the doctor, as many of you know. Wes had his 18 month check up and an allergy appointment. Madeline had a sick check-up and a chest xray and finally, the best appointment came yesterday when they told us Madeline's JRA (juvenile rheumotoid arthritis) was in remission. We are very relieved and hope it never comes back. Anyhow, the point of this story is Madeline now wants to be a doctor. I'm sure all kids go through this phase but now Madeline is wanting to give me "check-ups" all the time. Last night at bed time when we were done reading the following inter action happened.... Madeline: "mommy, I need to check you up now. You lay here under the towel and I'll listen to your heart. (she put her teddy bear up to my heart) all good." "Now I need to check your ears" (all good too). "OK, close your eyes now mommy I have to look in them" (ha, ha, I closed them anyway). "Now open in your mouth and say ahh. No mommy put your tongue back in I'm looking in your throat only. Good job mommy, all done". Seems like all the trips since January, and at last count we were somewhere in the 30's with both kids, have really paid off, we have a mini-doctor on our hands.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I am so glad Madeline's JRA is in remission! Abby wants to be an allergist when she grows up. She wants to make kids not allergic to things. I guess there is an upside to all of their medical visits.
Post a Comment