
So last Friday we went over to my friend Kirsten's house to decorate cookies. I pre-made about 3 dozen heart shaped sugar cookies and then we let our four kids go to town on frosting and sprinkling. There was much sugar consumed that afternoon..... Not in the shape of cookies, mostly in the form of frosting straight from the can and sprinkles straight from the plate. Check out the album to the right to see all the festivities, and note HOW CUTE Sofia and Madeline are. I posted a couple of pictures from summer 2005 in the same album (because as they were posing last Friday I remembered taking similar pictures years ago.) Are they the cutest or what? After cookies and outside play to burn off some energy we went inside and all the kids danced to the Hi-5 the video. I wish I had the camera rolling because it was hysterical to watch. Wes would sit and bop, or do his deep knee bends, Nico ran around following the girls, Sofia knew the moves to the dances and Madeline followed along with the video. Fun times were had by all.
On the way home Madeline said she wanted to go to Boston. She wanted to see her "Boston Campbell", not her "prescchool Campbell". She informed me we would have to take a plane though because Boston was far away. Not like where Jake, Jack and Jebby live, they are 20 minutes, Boston is more than 20 minutes away. She's brilliant... Truly brilliant, because the cousins are indeed closer than Boston. When I asked her who else was in Boston she said Auntie Cara, not "her friend Cara", mommy's friend "Auntie Cara." I just wanted to fly her there on the spot.
Oh yes, and I can't forget the latest in humorous sayings. We are heading to Colorado on Thrusday, which I have been talking up for weeks now. The big ski trip to Colorado with all her cousins..... Anyhow, I bought her some new tennis shoes that have a lot of grip and are waterproof. I asked her if she wanted to wear them over to Cousin Kaitlyn's house for our walk and she replied, "No mommy. Those are my special shoes for avocado, I will wear them in the snow when we get there."
No comments:
Post a Comment