Tuesday, August 28, 2007

When I'm an adult....

The other night Madeline was once again talking about marriage, weddings, babies, being a grown-up, etc... and we have a conversation that went something like this. Madeline says, "Mommy, I'm going to wait a long time to be at my wedding." I said, I thought that was a great idea to wait a long time. She replies, "I'm going to be 5 because I think if I get my wedding before I'm 5 I will be really nervous. And if I'm 5 then I'm a-dult and I can be married and I won't be nervous." (LAUGHING ON THE INSIDE) ---- I told her that five was most definitely too young and not an adult, that she should wait until she graduates from college and gets her first real adult job. She nodded, and thought about it and then asked, very earnestly, "how will I find my prince mommy? when I'm out of college and have my job how will I find my prince?" UGH!!! Disney is a nightmare..... This notion of a Prince is driving me nuts. It must be a huge topic of conversation at preschool these days, because we don't watch many Disney movies with Prince and Princesses....

No comments: